Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FELIPE ROSE - A NATIVE AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY

Felipe Rose, one of the original members of The Village People, remineses with Randy Wicker about his life before stardom.  Felipe was obviously caught off-guard by Wicker's memories of his days as "Puppet Lady" in a male burlesque show in the early 1970s.

However, he graciously recovers & describes his success in life as a musician and as a representative of Native Americans--in music, theater & real estate investments.  This is a "real life" interview.  The cameras were rolling even before the "interview" officially commenced - real Cinema Verite !

Do check out www.FelipeRose.com  Please tell him how much you enjoyed this interview.  he is a great American and will hopefully be a symbol of hope for Native Americans languishing in the backwater of American society because of prejudice and lack of opportunity.

Pertsonally, this was one of the greatest & most-fulfilling interviews I've ever done.  So many of my friends died prematurely of AIDS, etc.  It was a "delicious-in-life" experience to find one who survived & prospered & continues to thrive.  Felipe Rose will always be one of my special "personal heroes"!

Formats available: Quicktime (.mov)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nice blog for more knowledge visit out site http://www.ebooksway.com
huge of ebooks

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Randy
I was the pedicab driver at the april 2nd 2009 Marcedies Benz fashion show in Briant Park that you made the video of and put it on youtube.
I started a website of my fashion photography, and i put a link to your youtube video of me on the site. I wanted to ask you if that is ok, and invite you to view the web site at http://www.fifthavenuewindows.com.
Please let me have your sugestions about the web site, and if you have time to make another video of me, my fashion photography,web site and Pedicab.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Randy
I was not sure if you got my e-mail address because i did not check the follow up box.
I was hoping you could make a video of me, my pedicab, fashion photography, and web site.
thank you and have a great day

windowon5th@gmail.com

2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the blog, some deep thoughts going through my mind for sure. I can relate to this in a way because I post inspirational quotes on the daily I would appreciate it if you could check it out and above everything follow my post, it would really motivate me! keep up the good work.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home