Saturday, November 26, 2005

ARABS TERRORIZE FAGGOTS


Watch the video
I used to own an antique lighting shop in Greenwich Village in NYC. One of my employees and dearest friends was in the terminal stages of AIDS.
 
George Albert Flimlin was born on July 4th. However, he had never had a birthday party on his birthday.  His family, including five brothers and sisters, always celebrated his birthday before or after.
 
In 1991, we decided to throw a birthday party for him in the shop on July 4th itself.  This would be George's last birthday party and the only one he ever had on July 4th.
 
George, Nelson (the boy in the box) and Tony (the African American who does the vogue pose with Nelson) have all died of AIDS.  I don't know what happened to Muffy, (the boy who uses his AIDS as a weapon). 
 
I filed legal charges.  The Rivoli workers missed a day's pay and had to attend the hearing where it was agreed that the employees of Rivoli Pizza and those of Uplift Lighting "would have no verbal or nonverbal communication" for the next twelve months.
 
In the years that followed, I always showed this videotape and urged my employees to boycott the corner pizza parlor.  It always angered me when they didn't.
 
At the "arbitration hearings", the woman "hearing officer" actually told the threatening Arab that he "looked good on camera". 
 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Bev Sykes said...

How wonderful that you have the footage, and important to show how terrible humans can be to other humans. I wonder how they would have felt if someone had disrupted one of their parties because they are Arabs.

I'm glad you have those memories. Too many people gone to this horrible disease.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Flimsky said...

George was my cousin. That footage was at first a fun look at his life and birthday. It ended in sadness and intense tension, something not associated with a party.

He is still missed.

Gef Flimlin

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home