Tuesday, April 03, 2007

PINK VODKA and/or GREEN MASCULINITY

Watch the video
Color politics are part of the marketing stradegies of alcohol salesmen. This is an editorialized presentation of two of those pitches I've filmed these past six months. I'm trying to humorously present a critique on sales pitches aimed at both gay & straight audiences. Gender is probably more important in all of this than "sexual orientation". I understand that "pink vodka" was originally aimed at women, then appeared in some HipHop videos & became "the thing" among gay folk which unleashed this new marketing approach. I really don't care. I love to drink. It will be hard to wean me off Smirnoff :-).. I'm "loyal" to "clear" :-) The "Pink Vodka" folks & the Everglo "Green Team" are just marketing ploys to be parodied from my "clear" point of view :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home